Archive for cannabis

Officer Stephen Carroll killers to be sentenced

Posted in British Government, Enemy's of Britain, Terrorists with tags , , , , , , on May 24, 2012 by britishloyalist

Dissident republicans Brendan McConville and John Paul Wootton are to be sentenced for their part in the murder of a Northern Ireland police officer Stephen Carroll three years ago.

Constable Stephen Carroll was shot dead in Craigavon, Co Armagh, in March 2009

Constable Carroll was shot dead by the Continuity IRA in Craigavon, County Armagh, in March 2009.

Earlier this year McConville, 40, and Wootton, 20, were found guilty at Belfast Crown Court of murdering the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) officer and will now learn the minimum number of years they must serve in Maghaberry Prison, near Lisburn, County Antrim.

Con Carroll, 48, from Banbridge, County Down, was the first policeman killed by republican terrorists since the peace process reforms which saw the Royal Ulster Constabulary replaced by the new-look PSNI.

Passing verdict on McConville, of Aldervale, Tullygally in Craigavon, and Wootton, of Collingdale, Lurgan, County Armagh, in March, Lord Justice Paul Girvan said they were guilty of a “callous and cowardly crime”.

The officer’s widow Kate Carroll, who has repeatedly spoken out against dissident republican violence since her husband’s murder, reacted to the life sentences at the time saying: “I just felt justice has been done.”

Police have pledged to hunt down the rest of the gang involved in the murder.

Con Carroll was shot dead two days after two British soldiers were murdered in a Real IRA gun attack outside their barracks in Antrim town.

He died of a single gunshot wound to the head sustained as he sat in an unmarked police car while colleagues attended a 999 call in the Lismore Manor area.

A brick had been thrown through the window of a house in the private development an hour earlier, prompting the occupants to call the police.

The gun used in the attack, an AK 47 assault rifle, was found hidden beneath an oil tank, wrapped in a black bin bag and clingfilm, in the garden of a house not far from where the officer was murdered.

A coat belonging to McConville which was recovered in the boot of the Citroen Saxo may have been wrapped around the gun when the shots were fired, the trial heard.

During the nine-week trial it also emerged that Wootton’s car had been fitted with a military tracking device and was under surveillance at the time Con Carroll was gunned down.

It showed the car was parked close to the murder scene at the time of the shooting and had driven close by McConville’s house later that night.

Almost a year after he was arrested, a man known as Witness M, emerged to tell police how he noticed McConville among a group of five men who had been close to the scene of the murder on the night the police were ambushed.

Months later two men came to his door and told him: “Keep your mouth shut.”

After the judgments, Mrs Carroll said she and the whole community owed Witness M a huge debt of gratitude for the “bravery and commitment” he showed in giving evidence.

Both McConville and Wootton refused to answer questions during scores of police interviews and they also decided to exercise their right not to go into the witness box and give evidence in the trial, which was heard without a jury.

McConville was a Sinn Fein councillor, serving one term in Craigavon Borough council in the late 1990s, before later parting company with the mainstream republican movement which ultimately agreed to accept the reformed policing service.

Wootton was also convicted of collecting information for the use of terrorism.

He was found guilty of trying to obtain the address of another policeman weeks before the murder.

Wootton was described by people who knew him as having a reputation for trouble that began in his teens.

He is too young to have known the Troubles but his trial heard he had shown a hatred for police and tried to secure details of an officer’s address by quizzing a youth who was dating the policeman’s daughter.

Wootton’s mother Sharon, pleaded guilty to charges of obstructing the investigation.

During the trial, the 39-year-old, from the same address as her son, admitted removing computer equipment from their house ahead of police searches.

Advertisements

Home Office Approved Immigration Adviser Jailed for Visa Scam

Posted in Enemy's of Britain, immigrants, police and the legal system with tags , , , , , , , , , on May 18, 2012 by britishloyalist

A Home Office-approved adviser and his wife who made more than £1million helping scores of immigrants illegally remain in Britain as part of a visa scam were jailed yesterday.
When police raided the family home of Vijay and Bhawna Sorthia, they found bundles of cash totalling £330,000 hidden in a cupboard as well as documents relating to dozens of individuals they had unlawfully assisted.
Mr Sorthia, 35, who ran immigration advisory service Migration Gurus from a small office in North West London, was yesterday imprisoned for 10 years for his part in the lucrative plot.

He first came to Britain as a student in 2000, but then illegally gained a work permit in 2004 after claiming he was employed by a sham company.
His 31-year-old wife, who said she worked as a cleaner at his office, was given a 15 month jail term for her ‘subordinate role’ in the scam.
The pair, who are both Indian nationals and have three young children, will face deportation once their sentences have been served.
As an accredited adviser with the Offices of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), which is linked to the Home Office, Mr Sorthia was able to assist individuals with claims for asylum, as well as immigration, residence and citizenship applications.

In its advertising, Migration Gurus touted itself as ‘a leading Immigration and Overseas Education consultancy’ which had ‘assisted hundreds of individuals’ enter or remain in Britain.
During an-18 month period between 2008 and 2010, the couple helped more than 160 clients illegally gain a visa by providing them with false documents alleging they were highly-skilled migrants.
It is estimated they charged between £3,000 to £5,000 each time.
But in reality, the individuals were already in Britain as foreign students, or migrant workers employed as low-skilled labour at supermarkets, betting shops or petrol stations, who would not have qualified for a new visa under the current immigration criteria.
In a bid to bypass Home Office rules, the couple were using up to 70 sham companies to provide clients with payslips and wage payments which gave the appearance they were earning much larger sums, making them eligible to remain.
Sentencing the couple at Isleworth Crown Court, Judge Andrew McDowall said Mr Sorthia’s actions risked ‘undermining’ Britain’s immigration controls and ‘eroding public confidence’ that migrants had arrived lawfully.

He warned: ‘During difficult economic times, it becomes easier for those who are motivated by racial motives to start casting aspersions against those that are properly and legitimately in the country by trying to paint everyone of that ethnic group as tainted in some way, over the wrongdoings done by a limited number.’
The court heard that following their arrest in May 2010 by investigators from the UK Border Agency, the couple sold their home in Stanmore, North West London, and transferred £466,000 out of the country, before fleeing to India on fraudulent passports.
They returned to Britain in the July 2011, but only after taking a £21,000 holiday across the United States, stopping off in New York, the Grand Canyon, Atlanta, Louisiana and San Francisco.
In total, the jury were told Mr Sorthia helped 166 people gain visas illegally over an 18-month period.
But the real number of migrants who gained a visa unlawfully is likely to have run into the hundreds, with investigators dealing with the case estimating the criminal proceeds from the scam could have netted the pair up to £1.2million.
Fifteen clients who benefitted from the scam have already been convicted and sentenced to between eight and 10 months in prison. Of these, 14 have already been deported.
Senior UKBA investigating officer Robert Coxhead said: ‘Vijay and Bhawna Sorthia knowingly flouted the UK’s immigration laws.
‘They ran a sophisticated scam designed to help people who would otherwise have no right to be here stay in the UK.
‘The amount of cash found at their home illustrates how lucrative this was, and we will now begin the process of stripping them of those assets using the Proceeds of Crime Act.
‘The couple will also face deportation after they have served their sentences.’
The pair were both found guilty of fraud charges and removing criminal property, while Mr Sorthia was also guilty of obtaining leave to remain by deception.
A confiscation hearing to recover any money the couple made from the scam will take place later this year.

Cardiff Shop-owners sold chocolate cake sprinkled with human faeces

Posted in islam UK, Wales with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on May 16, 2012 by britishloyalist

Poisoning food with feces is detailed as a tactic in the Al-Qaeda manual found a few years ago by British intelligence.

“It was not our fault but I don’t want to talk about it,” said Hasmi. Whose fault was it?

“Shop-owners sold chocolate cake sprinkled with human faeces,” from the Daily Mail (thanks to the Constantinopolitan Irredentist):

Two shop-owners were today fined for selling chocolate cake – which had been sprinkled with human faeces.
A horrified customer ate the foul-smelling gateaux but noticed that it didn’t taste or smell “quite right” and handed the cake to public health scientists.

The analysts soon established that the sweet treat was covered in faeces and legal proceedings against the shop owners were started.

Shop owners Saeed Hasmi, 25, and Jan Yadgari, 23, were fined £1,500 for selling food unfit for human consumption.

The pair – who ran the Italiano Pizzeria in Roath, Cardiff – admitted the charge but did not say how the chocolate cake was contaminated.

The takeaway is a favourite with late-night revellers and students living around the takeaway close to Cardiff University. […]

Hasmi and Yadgari at first denied the charge but pleaded guilty at Cardiff magistrates court before the trial.

Hasmi, of Roath, Cardiff, and Yadgari, of Adamsdown, Cardiff, were each fined £1,500 and ordered to pay £200 costs.

After the case Hasmi said: “It was not our fault but I don’t want to talk about it.

“I’m not working in the food industry anymore. I want to do something else.

“We are sorry for the people who ate it,” he said.

Taxi firm owner with Cardiff school contracts appears in court on conspiracy charge

Posted in islam UK, Wales with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on May 9, 2012 by britishloyalist

A taxi driver whose firm has contracts with several schools appeared in court yesterday charged following a counter-terrorism investigation into a network suspected of smuggling a banned stimulant drug from Britain to America.
Married father-of-six Daud Ali, 40, of Wakehurst Place, St Mellons, Cardiff, was also charged with possession of a fake Norwegian passport.

He was held – along with co-defendants Adrian Wall, 49, and Liiban Nursharif, 30 – on Tuesday after officers swooped on homes in Cardiff, London and Coventry.

The men were arrested under the Terrorism Act as part of an investigation into the illegal exportation of khat to the US and Canada where it is a controlled substance.
The three men are jointly accused of conspiracy for allegedly mislabelling parcels being sent from the UK.

The three defendants spoke only to confirm their names, dates of birth and addresses when they were brought before Westminster Magistrates’ Court in central London.

They sat with arms folded during the hour-long hearing where Ali and Nursharif were remanded in custody.

Wall was granted bail subject to restrictions.

The three suspects were among seven people arrested by the Met’s counter-terrorism command during a pre-planned, intelligence-led operation earlier this week.

The remaining four suspects – a woman aged 45 and three men aged 47, 45 and 42 – continue to be held under the Terrorism Act, Scotland Yard said.

Homeland Security Investigations in America and officers from the UK’s counter terrorism network, the UK Border Agency and local forces were also involved in the operation.

Wall, a married father of four of Pitt Road, Thornton Heath, Surrey; Nursharif, a single man of no fixed abode and Ali will next appear at Southwark Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on July 6.

Horrific injuries of pensioner aged 94, attacked as she slept

Posted in scum, Uncategorized with tags , , , , , , on May 4, 2012 by britishloyalist

A 94-YEAR-OLD woman suffered horrific injuries in an attack as she slept in her own bed.

Emma Winnall remains seriously ill and sedated in hospital after suffering a fractured skull, a broken arm and wrist and a partially severed finger in the attack on Monday night.

The pensioner underwent emergency surgery, including having metal plates inserted into her arm.

She is showing signs of improvement and it is hoped she will make a full recovery.

Detectives investigating the incident in Birmingham have been unable to determine a motive for the attack.

They are urging members of the community to come forward and help trace the person who sneaked into Mrs Winnall’s home and carried out the attack.
West Midlands Police Detective Chief Inspector Sarb Johal said: “It doesn’t appear anything was stolen from the lady’s home and the interior was largely undisturbed.

“We believe an implement of some sort was used during the assault – our forensics experts are scouring the property in the hope of shedding some light on exactly what happened.

“She suffered very nasty injuries and ones which, given her age, could well have been life-threatening. She is showing signs of improvement in hospital; our thoughts are with her and hopefully she will make a full recovery.

“Mrs Winnall’s daughter has asked us to issue an image of her mother in hospital showing the extent of her injuries in the hope it will stir consciences and persuade anyone with information to contact us.”

The victim’s carer raised the alarm at 9am on Tuesday morning but the attack could have occurred at any time from 9pm the previous night.

Sickening

Mr Johal added: “This is a truly sickening attack on a defenceless, frail lady as she slept in her own home. Mrs Winnall had nothing of note to steal.

“It was a senseless assault and I’d urge anyone with suspicions about who may be responsible to get in touch straight away.

“The attacker may well have mentioned something to a friend or relative, or perhaps someone remembers a person acting oddly that evening or the following morning.

“I’m sure the answer to this vicious assault lies in our local communities so we’re appealing for help to try and trace the offender.”

ANYONE with information is asked to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Murder accused says he acted in self-defence

Posted in Murders, Wales with tags , , , , on May 4, 2012 by britishloyalist

The man accused of the murder of Cardiff disability campaigner, Peter Lewis has appeared at Cardiff Crown Court

The barrister acting on behalf of William Jones, 31, of Gold Street in Adamsdown, said the defendant was involved in a altercation with the 68-year-old, pictured below, at the communal hallway of his home on Claude Street, Roath.

Paul Hewitt, prosecuting, said Jones had claimed in police interview that there was an altercation between the accused and Mr Lewis and that Jones had acted in self defence.
Defence barrister David Aubrey confirmed that there was an “element of self defence” in Jones’ defence.

He said: “The deceased came to the front door when he (Jones) was banging on the door.

“He said the deceased had a knife and he disarmed him.”

It was during this disarming that Mr Lewis was allegedly stabbed. The single stab wound to the stomach caused “predominantly internal bleeding” and resulted in Mr Lewis’ death.

The court heard that no other parties were sought following the incident during the early hours of April 28.

Jones’ defence did not apply for bail and he will appear at Cardiff Crown Court for a case management and plea hearing on June 29.


Peter Lewis pictured with Charlotte Church in 2006

Gordon Brown, deliberate Open Borders immigration (30Apr10)

Posted in British Government with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on April 15, 2012 by britishloyalist